Tarsus Group, organizer of the Labelexpo Global Series, has announced Lisa Milburn’s promotion to managing director of the company’s label division. Milburn will be responsible for direct management of the event and publishing business as well as spearheading growth into new regions and sectors. Roger Pellow will become chairman of the label division, while taking on increased responsibilities for Tarsus’s expanding emerging market portfolio as group commercial director.
The new structure is designed to ensure that the label division continues to deliver the best possible platforms for clients while creating new opportunities to grow. The label division at Tarsus is responsible for the organization of the Labelexpo Global Series as well as publishing Labels & Labeling and Packprint World.
Both Pellow and Milburn joined Tarsus in 2001. Pellow became managing director of the label division in 2003. Milburn has been managing all the Labelexpo department heads since 2004 in her capacity as events and publishing director.
Following other promotions within the label division, the senior management team now includes:
- John Davy – sales director with responsibility for Labelexpo Asia and the South China Label Show
- Tasha Ventimiglia – Americas event director, with responsibility for Labelexpo Americas as well as the summits in Latin America
- Jade Grace – project director, with responsibility for Labelexpo Europe and Labelexpo India
- Michael Hatton – marketing director with responsibility for the design and web departments
- Tim Gordon, publishing director for Labels & Labeling and Packprint World
Douglas Emslie, group managing director, Tarsus Group, commented: “Roger has played a pivotal role in developing Labelexpo into a strong global brand and has assembled a fantastic team around him. His experience will serve him well in his new role. Lisa has worked closely with Roger since 2003 and has been the driving force behind our successful sales and marketing initiatives. She will ensure that we continue to deliver high quality events and publications while creating new opportunities for our clients. In making these important changes we are ensuring our senior personnel concentrate their efforts on what they do best, while giving the company as a whole the platform to achieve the major growth we have planned for 2013 and beyond.”