Markem-Imaje introduces on the marking and coding market a new small character inkjet printer: the 9232. This new printer translates the ability of Markem-Imaje to reinvent the standards of continuous inkjet technology and show its commitment via tangible facts to its customers. 9232 printer will be the flagship model of 9000 Series. It prints best before dates, logos, alphanumeric text, 1D and 2D barcodes for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, electronic, cable and extrusion industries.
According to Pascal Vergniaud, Markem-Imaje product marketing manager in charge of the small character inkjet line, «The recent economic crisis and the latest updates on environmentally-sound practices have demonstrated that both total cost of ownership of the printing equipment and environmental protection need to be considered during the design stage of every product. Everything needs to be covered; the printer of course, but also consumables, maintenance and service. With the 9232, Markem-Imaje addresses this trend.”
The 9232 allows for optimal and transparent management of overall printing activities resulting in enhanced cost control, environmental impact reduction, better printing results and optimization of operator’s time. Increased performance is directly linked to its new ink circuit and its innovative printhead. The 9232 printer is characterized by a new touch screen user interface, comparable to the best on the convenience market today.
Serge Kral, President of the Markem-Imaje Business Group confirms: “This is the very first time that a manufacturer takes the pledge to support its equipment with tangible and measurable benefits. We have estimated that the 9232 will optimize our customers’ total cost of ownership by 20% in comparison with competitors. We have extended our manufacturer warranty on the equipment to 18 months and increased the time lapse between maintenance procedures to 18 months for standard applications.”
In addition to its commitment on the reliability of the equipment, Markem-Imaje also commits to increasingly environmentally-sound practices. The 9232 is composed of 80% recyclable materials and can be run with a new consumable offer of Ketone and Mek-free inks which are also RoHS-compliant. Unique product features of the 9232 include:
- Enhanced ink cartridge life to print up to 90 million characters per liter as standard.
- Additive consumption can be reduced by up to 2.5 ml/h at 20 °C depending on the conditions.
- Time between maintenance operations is extended to 18 months for standard applications.
- Excellent availability ratio of up to 99.6% without assistance due to its new ink circuit and innovative printhead (availability rate = uptime / (uptime + downtime))
- 18-month warranty for hardware in the conditions defined by Markem-Imaje.
- IP55 stainless steel cabinet requiring no plant air.
- New, revolutionary user interface with 7-inch wide color touch screen.
- Real-time display of remaining print capacity and tracking of consumption, printer availability and maintenance procedures.
- Fast, safe consumable changing, with no need to stop printing.
- Table-top or vertical mounting.
- Print speed of up to 6.6 m/s.
- Font height of up to 32 dots.
- Optional ultrarapid mode for high-speed printing.
- Over 80% recyclable materials.
- New multi-use ketone-free and MEK-free inks.
- Complies with RoHS standards.
- Electric power is limited to 60 VA reducing power consumption.